Covid-19 Health and Safety Initiative
THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE AS OUR GUEST TODAY!
PLEASE READ THESE BRIEF INITIATIVES WE ARE UNDERTAKING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR FAMILY OF EMPLOYEES AND MANAGERS SAFE!
- You agree that you are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- You further agree that you have not knowingly been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who displayed COVID-19 symptoms
- We have moved to a cashless operation and are trying to keep payments contactless as much as possible and would appreciate a ‘tap’ card be considered for your payment today – we accept Debit, Visa Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Amex as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay through our terminals. Gift Cards are accepted as well but are a manual swipe through our POS terminals.
- Our servers will be asking for a tip amount in advance of you using your contactless card – we know this is not customary but ask for your patience with this protocol as we try to limit the touch points on our terminals.
- Please limit our washrooms to two guests at any time – If there are already two guests in the washrooms, please return to your table and wait for the limit to be reduced below 2 guests. (think like you’re on an airplane and waiting for the light to go off so it’s your turn for the washroom)
- Our staff will be wearing masks which are also mandatory (according to Health Unit) for you to wear during your visit except when eating or drinking – thanks for keeping our community safe!
- Some operational safety guidelines:
- All door handles inside and outside the restaurants are to be disinfected with high frequency
- POS computers will be cleaned and sanitized after each shift change
- Hand Sanitizer stations have been added throughout the restaurant
- Hand washing continues to be a frequent, mandated best practice in our businesses
- Staff are not allowed to shake hands with guests
- Where physical distancing is not possible, we have introduced plexiglass barriers to keep you and our staff safe!
- We have re-configured our kitchens using all available space to keep our cooking staff at a safe physical distance.
- Items you may use during your visit are by request only (ask your server when you order) and will be sanitized between use:
- Ketchup, Mustard, Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Crayons (single use only)
- As you know, we are currently on a reservation only policy .. for future visits, please visit johnmax.ca to make a reservation ahead of time and guarantee your seat!
All of our restaurants are prepared to modify operations with options that will continue to allow us to serve you your favourite food and beverages!
John O’Kane Jr & Sr / John McKibbon / Mike Wetzel / Jason Osborne